What is Soy Wax?
Soy wax is a vegetable wax; made from old-fashioned, soil-grown soybeans and is a hydrogenated form of soybean oil. The soybean oil is extracted from soybeans that have been cleaned and crushed into flakes – then the hydrogenation process changes the melting point of the oil to create a solid at room temperatures.
Soy wax has the great advantage of being a renewable resource, grown here in the USA. Well-made soy wax candles burn cleanly and slowly. So when you think about candles: Long burning, renewable, biodegradable and grown by domestic farmers - all good reasons why soy wax candles are a better choice.
Candle Burning Safety Tips
Common sense is the best guide to candle use – focus on preventing fire.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Put the candle out if you leave the room
- Don’t burn candles near things that can catch on fire
- Don’t burn candles where children and pets can knock them over
- Put burning candles on non-flammable surfaces, away from drafty areas
- Keep the wick trimmed ¼ inch (recommended for the best candle experience)